Monday, February 27, 2006

all.that.jazz

I guess Mahmood beat me to it.

A month of
culture festival. Sounds exciting!

If you're in Bahrain or willing to visit during the month of March (
F1 Fever), please get a chance to watch some wonderful shows.

Sunday 12th March 2006 at 8:30PM I'll be occupying one of the seats in Arad Fort enjoying the Pitt Jazz All-Stars performance. All that jazz baby! One of my all time favorite jazz/blues singer is Billie Holiday. Uh! That woman could sing .. sorrowfully!

I also grew attached to Hanine's style of songs. Old Arabic music sang with cuban/latin tunes. It's soothing. Might be occupying a seat for her show too!

12th March is going to be one heck of a day! I'm starting it with the Formula 1 race (Go Raikkonen) and I'm presuming I'd see a familiar crowd out there; ending it with a wonderful evening listening to some jazz. Better go buy me a McLaren shirt as an act of support.

Please do check out the shows. The tickets range from BD20 ($55.4), BD15 ($41.6), and BD7 ($19.4). It's a bargain don't you think?!

I leave you now with Diana Krall, Cry Me a River (originally sang by Barbara Streisand).

Enjoy!



© 2001 Diana Krall, Cry Me a River, from the album: The Look of Love. Powered by Castpost

5 comments:

Trevelyana said...

Love the song~

N.A. said...

Thanks! I bought the album in 2001, Philly airport. I never ever got bored with it. The CD has scratches all over from playing it 1293094 times and pheww, it's still alive ready to be listened!

MSB said...

psst.. that's march 12, 2006... 2005 is long gone ;)

hope u enjoy it.. i'm going thurs night. i wasn't too thrilled about it, my friends insisted, i obliged.

N.A. said...

ouch! thanks for telling me that.

how was it? too noisy huh? My boss lives in Awali and he can hear the roar all the way up from there. i hope u had fun!

Anonymous said...

Actually it was more fun that i had anticipated!!! It was really nice.. I had gone reluctantly, but after watching the show, I was happy that I went.