Thursday, February 23, 2006

uhh.what's.up.doc?

I was watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy a while ago. Btw, did I ever mention how much I'm in love with that show (after ER that is)! Everyone in that hospital got laid. It's funny. It's a zoo in there. Woohoo! I think it smells like one too. Interns, residents, and attendents running around like untamed animals. I discovered the show after watching the Golden Globe Awards, and here came Sandra Oh carrying her "goldy man" that she won as a supporting actress. Sandra Oh acting in a series with her comedic act? I gotta see that (I SOO loved her in Under the Tuscan Sun)! Plus I get so appealled to doctors show probably 'cause they have guts and deal with them too.

Anyways, I got tuned in one of the first episodes of Grey's Zootomy (oops Anatomy) and an attendent was operating on an old lady's chest. Suprisingly enough, while in the OP, he pulled off a towel from her lungs that was left 5 years ago by another attendent (it turned out to be him). So yeah, a towel was pulled off from a patient's lungs.


That's pure carelessness to me.

Two weeks ago a steriled bandage was pulled off from my grandma's intestine. Once it was removed, the surgeon guessed it was about 7 to 10 years old. Layers of cells and bateria were growing on it. It's absurd really. This time was a cloth, but next time it'll be a forgotten tongs or a knife. Heck or even a stethoscope!

He got away with it. How could that happen? I blame it on the poor hospital managment here. I don't think we have an assessment of doctor's competence. It seems he lacked liability and forgot that he had a human life under his hands. I still can't believe he forgot a roll of bandage in my granny's stomache. If that had occurred in the States, a huge settlement will be knocking on the patient's door.

PS. Don't get me wrong, I'm very fond of docs, but there are good cops as there are bad cops if you know what I mean.

PPS. Seriously, go watch that show. It's "like" kewl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanna say that I'm addicted to the show.. I missed the episode of the bomb.. the 2nd part.. and was gonna go crazy.

N.A. said...

leeno,

I dozed off in one of the episodes. How did that happen?! I was literally glued to the tv.. heeh.. I blamed it on the comfy sofa..and a tiresome loooong day