Thursday, February 09, 2006

i.can't.sleep

It's 4:07 in the morning and I can't sleep. It happens to me once in a while -- being insomniac. I think I worry too much. Well yes. I worry a lot lately. About what? I don't know. Maybe I'm worried about Granny who's abroad for an operation (nothing serious). Or about my brother who is doing his pilgrimage. Or maybe about nonnah who is sleep talking on the phone as I speak (type). Or about my 16 year old sis who's slumber partying in one of her friends house. How come I never slumber partied when I was at that age? Oh yeah. I remember. Mom and Dad didn't let us. I'm all jealous now. Girls nowadays get what they want in a jiffy. I guess we weren't complaining enough. Oh well. Maybe I'm just feeling lonely now and have no one to talk to, so I'm sabotaging my cute little blog with my raves. I just don't know anything anymore. Today I heard some say "I never knew what I wanted in life. But ever since I gave birth to my baby girl my life is all focused and centered". Isn't that sweet? I think I need to get a kid. Of my own. And that means me getting married first. And that means me being committed. Commitment and I don't get along. I wasn't committed to my bonsai tree. And now its dead. I wasn't committed to my tomato plant. And look what happened? Dad gets to take over the job. I know I would sound stupid tomorrow when I reread this post. Life... what do you know. it works with you at times and it works against you when you need it the most.

I had Tylenol cold night pills and it's not working its magic. U think I should sue? lol. Ohh I'm all sweaty right now. Hottt.

End of the show.

;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this monologue. Excluding the anti-climax ending (Hotttt? Awh come on!) your monologue touched me in all the funny, nostalgic spots that I sometimes go through when I can't sleep too.

This is why writing comes smoothest right when I try to sleep, because that's when everything and everyone seems to be in mind, telling me not to close my eyes...not even lay down, until every attention-demanding thought is typed in or jotted down.

Hope you slept well after that.

Trevelyana said...

I can relate...

I'm a seasoned insomniac. I've given up on forcing it to go away.. we're comrades.. when she comes knocking, I let her stay as long as she entertains me.

heh.. I've always wanted a kid. I'd make a great mother. I can imagine my life revolving around the little being. Too bad marriage is a pre-req eh?

N.A. said...

Adjacent: I'm pleased that you liked it =) It's funny though that my ideas come to me smoothest right after I'm waking up from the sack. But never bothered writing them down ;/

Leeno: Calling it your best girl friend that comes and goes whenever she likes? lol that's a nice way of putting it! =)

Yeah.. I always imagined being a great mom too ,spoiling her kids to the max! (I'm not sure some would like that. But who cares, they're my kids :P)