Sunday, July 02, 2006

what's.in.a.name

~I'll be thounding like a whiney 10 year old girl .. thweeeet!
-------------------

Can't figure out what my name really means.

I always wanted to know! Never succeeded in finding a real meaning to it. When I was a kid I nagged Mama for as long as I could, and she kept telling me it is a female version of a natural "something" that lies on the face of the earth. I wasn't satisfied with that result 'cause surely there is another meaningful symbol behind my name. I was soo jealous of nonnah's. I wished I had hers. Half of the neighbour's daughters carry nonnah's name. And they can literally define it in so many ways. I kept on running to Mama and whine to her of what a stupid name they've picked for me, 'cause I can never come up with a definition for it .. not even a single one. None of them knew what it really means except that it's an ancient name carried by women long ago in ancient Bahrain.

Nonnah was named the second she got out of Mama's uterus. I, on the other hand, was a nameless baby for the first 30 days of my life; until on the 31st day dad had an announcement to make, "N.A. it is".

I'm still dying to know what the heck my name symbolizes. It's like an annoying puzzle that I'm trying to solve. Brrrffff.

;pP

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

my name is awesome.. ;p
its has 3 meanings.. 1 in italian... 1 in arabic.. and another non-existant meaning ;p
its actually bizarre..

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm all jealous now :P
So, what does your name mean in Italian? How many letters does it consist of? What are your initials? Do tell so we can figure out that name of yours haah! .. j/k ;)

Anonymous said...

Mine means deer..My last name means hyena..I know I know...**sighs**

Anonymous said...

........ sorry ..let me get this stright ..u'r name is N.A??? or u'r just being anonymous here? (u fucked up my brain) cuz if it is ur name THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ...u'r lucky to b unique ;")

(ThunderCAT)

Anonymous said...

Lilacs
LOL
Deer and a hyena?! Well hello Deer Hyena .. That's unusual .. exceptionally unusual heh. You're one of a kind! :)

ThunderCAt
Wouldn't it be funky?!! But, nah, I'm just being anonymous. One day I might change N.A. to a 5 letter noun .. break all the anonymoty . ;D

Anonymous said...

is ur name
1. nouf
2. nourah
3. nayfa
4. najla
5. nada
6. Njood
7. najd
8. nayfa
9. nsreen :S
wats ur name hehe so i can tell u wat ur name really means cuz ive got like this book :D

Anonymous said...

my names najla.....
what does it mean?

Anonymous said...

hi my name is also najla, its an arabic name, and it means "wide eyed" or "large beutiful eyes".