Friday, July 14, 2006

invasion.of.flying.monkeys

Lebanon gets invaded by Israeli bombs while my residence was invaded by 5 little monkeys. No kidding.

First and foremost, our hearts with the Lebanese, and the foreigners who are trapped in Lebanon. Needless to say that our hearts have been and will always be aching for the Palestinians. May God give you strength. Always.

Now about the monkeys, dad's first encounter with them was not long ago. He found 3 jumping over his car landing on the fence. At first he could not believe what he saw; we don't see monkeys - moreover flying monkeys - everyday.

Maids' encounter with them was 48 hours ago. They've seen the five monkeys sitting around the pool with their pinkesh butts facing them.

I wasn't knowlegdable of the monkeys at first. The news of their existance did not come to me directly. It was funny how I knew, since the news of it took a bend or two. Baba talked eagerly about them to Mama. Poor sensible Baba, he did not think of the matter seriously but with a mom who can never stare at a situation without making a move at it, made him regret the second he told her about those adorable monkeys (not). To her, what makes those monkeys not infected with contagious diseases (Breakout the movie)?! Mama, the reuter, repeats the story to her aunt. My aunt has an overflowing husband who loves to spread situations to the rightful authorities which somehow landed on MBC fm's morning program where nonnah listens to it every day; so she naturally brought the news back to me. And that's how I knew of the five flying monkeys.

Two Civil Defense Officers knocked on our door today. Being alone at home at that moment, I was obliged to open the door for them and try explaining about a subject that has nothing to do with crime, robbary, or of that sort. I could not bring myself explaining about the 5 monkeys that love swinging from tree to tree. They nearly broke down from laughter. They were helpful though *clap clap*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

whaaaaaaaaaaat? monkeeeeeeeys?
where in the world are you?!

Anonymous said...

I've the same Q Baroque has :P

Anonymous said...

baroque & Mochness:

Refer to the profile. I'm from "The Jungle" didn't you know? lol im teasing.

Apparently 20 monkeys were let loose from a pet shop nearby (who would want a monkey for a pet??). 5 of them found shelter at our residence. :)

Anonymous said...

lol you didn't answer the first two questions so no point in repeating it :P

But hey! That was an interesting change

Anonymous said...

Sedna:

Oh. Heh.
I'm running around in circles aren't I?
Bahrain. ;)

Anonymous said...

lool funny..we dont see such a scene everyday :P

Anonymous said...

Those babies sell for gold, catch a couple and treat yourself to ashopping spree :D

Anonymous said...

ahmed:

Funny indeed! I think 3 were caught. The other two are still having their freedom. Viva les monkeys! ;)

Trevely:

Seriously?! But I'm scared of 'em. Well only their wiggily waggily tails. Eheh.