Monday, July 10, 2006

coup.d'etat

People exaggerate a lot in this particular part of the world. It's so silly paying attention to such little unmeaningful details and try to enlarge them in any way possible. They make a cat, a cheetah; a fart an atomic bomb. Nothing tops this one: trying to say exactly what I mean by being eloquent, however others would think I'd said just the opposite. That's funnily way overboard. Heh. That's the new exaggeration era.

So white is really black?

What's wrong with a little bit of decency .. little bit of a simple satisfying life.

It shows I'm in a frustrated mood, but I undeniably am, and it has a sudden power overturning my optimism.

;p~

-------
On a lighter note, I'm a Jane Austen fan:
Although the dialogue came straight out of the motion picture; It won't do JA justice, but I love love it).


Scene 1:
Still photos from Pride & Prejudice Motion Picture

Mr. Bingley: She is the most beautiful creature I have ever beheld.
But her sister, Elizabeth, is agreeble.

Mr. Darcey: Perfectly tolerable, I dare say, but not handsome enough to tempt me.
You better return to your partner and enjoy her smiles. You're wasting your time with me.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth & Charlotte are overhearing...

Charlotte Lucas: Count your blessings, Lizzie. If he liked you, you'd have to talk to him.

Elizabeth Bennet: Precisely.
As it is, I wouldn't dance with him for all of Derbyshire, let alone the miserable half.


Scene 2:

Still photos from Pride & Prejudice Motion Picture


Elizabeth: I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry in driving away love?

Darcey: I thought that poetry was the food of love.


Elizabeth: Of a fine, stout love, it may. But if it is only a vague inclination, I'm convinced one poor sonnet will kill it stone dead.


Darcey: So what do you recommend to encourage affection?


Elizabeth: Dancing.

Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love Pride and Predjudice!
mr.darcy as a charectar is to die for! but i personally liked the bbc original better.. there is something about colin firth as Darcy which drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...

I love them both equally. ;)

I wish I could share Mr. Darcey w/ Lizzie ;)