Friday, September 08, 2006

soapy.soccer.field

Two hours ago I was dragged in a soccer game with my younger siblings and cousins. I didn't mind the challenged soapy field. I thought I would only slip once or twice. I get to boast my historic skills! Show me what you got boys and girls!

So the minute we landed on that soapy field, I see a couple of my cousins fall on their buttocks. Ha! I never had fan like that in a long time. My presumtions were not what they were. I was wrong. Not only I slipped a couple of times, but I kept landing on my left side of my body whenever I laughed at someone's fall. It did get me no where.

"What happened to your big talk"?
"Urghh, I'm a little rusty .. oldd"

Came up with another idea. Who can slide the furthest to the other end of the soap field. I was before last. Bummer. my male cousins are sticks; they flew.

Those teenagers definitely brought back some old memories and most definitly my kid inside me ha!

"Want to do that again next week"?
"Please please please" .. That was my answer two hours ago.

If they ask me right NOW, my answer will be "NOOOOO please"

I thought I wouldn't get any cramps. But my tushy hurts, I'm bruised all over, and every single muscle in my body aches while I'm on bed typing this.

Off topic, I'm getting used to the new weekend here. Believe me you it makes such a difference.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice.. sounds like a blast! never been but heard a lot about it..

i hate this change of wknd thing! i used to enjoy my thurs drive to work w/no traffic!! and the fact that i can run my errands on saturday.. now i can no longer do that! :/

Anonymous said...

MSB:

Certainly a blast!

I hear ya, a lot of ppl in the private sector I know hated the change in weekend. ://
Traffic is getting worse every day. We need more flyers, more roads, most importantly more multi-storey parking buildings! =)

Anonymous said...

Soap Soccer always has to end with bruises everywhere and a couple of broken limbs if you're unlucky... my good friend broke his thumb playing soap soccer - no joke, but don't ask how...!

Is it just me or is traffic getting worse by the day in Bahrain?

Anonymous said...

Seroo

How did he break his THUMB? Was it handball you're playing heh.
It's been 5 days since that activity and I'm still feeling soar, sheesh.

Very true about the traffic. It took me 40 minutes to drive home the other day instead of the usual 15 min. Can you believe!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun N. I thought i was quite the athlete back in my time but these new kids or on some hormones man.. X-generation :D

Anonymous said...

Vely

The X generations are huge. Created by a string of fast food restaurants.

I'm not the athlete that I was back in college and HS. I've unfortunately abandoned several.

What kind of sports were you in?

Anonymous said...

i hate soap soccer..i can never stand.. never ran and i always end up playing with the craziest ppl who are there not for the fun of it but are out there to get you hurt.

Anonymous said...

twix
Do you have chubby calves? I have a theory. Guys with chubby calves have a hard time standing up! ;D