Saturday, September 30, 2006

everything's.waiting.for.you.downtown

At the airport waiting..

Starting a new job on Sunday, and that requires me to work in Dubai for some time before being deployed back here.

Now, I can't get that dry chuckle out of my throat picturing this: being stuck together for 25 years, I can't picture myself kissing nonnah goodbye. I've never done that in my life. We've laughed together, travelled together, studied together, telepathied together the same naughty thoughts. I'm being sentimental here. But that's something. I'm going to miss her usual blunt self!

You know what I remembered? When we're 6 years old helping Baba build that tree house. Being a naughty lil girl as I was, I picked up a hammer to nail a log. Instead of hammering the log I hammered one of my toes. In spite of all this, dad carried one of us to the emergency room. Turns out he carried the wrong twin. Talk about a time of misconception. HEHEHE.

You know what I remember too when we're kids? Mama mistakingly bathing me twice in one day. nonnah banonna rotted.

I love the 80's.

Enough with the nostalgia.

Why a sudden vision of intimidating skyscrapers is rushing into my presence?
I've never been a city girl.

But life's all about exploration eh?

They're calling my flight .. I should go .. c ya.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gurl!!

Well, time will fly like anything and u and nonnah will be together :)

It's great having you!!!

Anonymous said...

lol !! Seriously this is the first thing that put a smile on my face this morning. I cant stop thinking about ur dad taking the wrong twin to the emergancy room. hehe, thought stuff like that only happen in movies !!

I guess ur parting with ur twin for the first time. Im sure it wont be that bad, hope things work out for u.

Dubai isnt that bad, i really do hate it, but i love city life, maybe not dubai's ..

anyways.. good luck i guess !!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww...thnx for the post Sis!
Miss ya too!

Well, Bahrain is same ol' bahrain... but i kinda like it...i've set an agenda for me..bs 3shan matemalal ekekek..bs hey! I'm coming this Thursday, so you better take me out..

yalla 30 min for prayer call.

Anonymous said...

Sexyaaa


You're fun! and no! I don't get bored hanging out with you c'mon! LOL, who's the woman who loves SCRATCHING her body part?? Scratchy scratchy scratchy KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK. See? You make me LAUGH!

twix
You're too sweet! I'd appreciate that ;).

And these things DO happen. Boy you should hear the stuff that happened with my twin sis and I. ;p

Things are working out for me ;). Come to think of it, I've got relatives and friends kilish ma iga9roon ;)

nonnah


You b****! I've been calling you ever since, but you're not picking up. Obviously sleeping. Call me tomorrow morning when you check this out.

This blog is turning into a chat log. Akhee.

Anonymous said...

I never knew you two were twins. I always assumed nonnah was younger.
Now I can sorta see (?) it, you two are identically charming :)

Anonymous said...

Vely

Ouch. I've been talking about nonnah on and on and on .. lol
Thank you darling! A charming comment coming from the one and only charming Vely!