Friday, November 17, 2006

10.guiding.lessons.for.work

I've put down a list of rules to follow. Let me see if I can meet every single one of them..

1. A little bit of cockiness and a little bit of modesty makes you execute the best job.

2. Never, ever do someone else's job even if your boss told you so, because you will never be as good as the person responsible for it. Besides, the not-so-great job you've done will definitely get you blamed at.

IF forced to do another one's job, then refer to #1.

3. Business as usual. Never should be personal.

4. Think thrice before saying something.

5. If stress is wearing you down, always sing "Don't worry! Be happy now. Don't worry, be happyy"!!

6. How do you reply for "Nighty nights"?
"See you in 12 hours"!

7. Don't ask to be part of politics. Eventually you'll be wrapped around it in no time. It will creep to you.

8. Never pre-judge. You'll hear things which 99.9% are untrue. So don't pre-judge; won't do you any good, and at least it will postpone #7.

9. Rise and shine! Always look forward to a new day.

10. Optimism and enthusiasm wooh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice set of rules...

I liked..


"3. Business as usual. Never should be personal."
do people in Kuwait seriouly follow that? I mean they tend to take everything personally .. and I'm only speaking from experience.

well...


I'm going to try to follow them as well.. it won't be easy though :)

good job!

Anonymous said...

What are you on chripy?

and more importantly, why aren't you sharing?

Anonymous said...

Heya 3abeer!

Hmm. I don't know how Kuwait works; but I've been told what you mentioned here. Personal stuff should be left at home, don't you think? Aw, tell me how it goes with those set of rules!

Vely,

I'm on some real stash man. That's what I'm on! Really! ;P

Naah, my chirpiness comes when I'm back home, enjoying things that I took for granted! We shouldn't waste time on life! ;p

And the cold breeze is sooo making me feel that sexy spirit! Awoooooooooo!

Anonymous said...

I think working in the private sector in Kuwait differs from public sector...myself.. I'm in the private sector.

Problems in the work place are the same all over the world, they only vary in terms of size :)
the main problem I face is that when a job is not well performed and when you pin point the problem and present a solution people tend to think they're under attack "personally" and that you're pointing fingers at their performance, when in fact you need to fail in order to succeed and there's nothing wrong with a little bit of guidance every once in a while :)